Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Creating calm out of chaos using a Wall Mount Rack Enclosure

[Nerd Scale: 2 out of 5 pocket protectors]
 
I love the feel of a server room.   The hum of running servers and the cool air of a climate controlled
room puts me at ease.  Add some passive noise cancelling technology and I have my own personal nerdy zen garden.
 
"Om"
 
But nothing can ruin the peace and tranquility faster than the clutter of patch cables.   It so easy for patch cables to become tangled and messy; destroying my inner calm.   This week, I had a client who was experiencing the same problem.   Their server room, or to be more precise, their server closet was visible for all to see and was cluttered.   Many of the employees were complaining, but more importantly, the office manager was not happy.  Our solution was to install a Tripp Lite SRW12U 12U wall mounted rack enclosure that would provide some needed cable organization, extra security and hardware concealment.
 
Here is a picture of the rat's nest of cables before:
 
 
 
And here is a picture of the cables after using cable organizers:
 
 
 
It is a small thing, but something that has a positive psychological effect on the people who have to see it everyday.
 
Now with the clutter minimized, I understand this client will be holding Tai Chi classes in their server room for their staff on Friday mornings.
 
If you need help creating calm out of the chaos, contact Binkley IT Consulting.  We can help.
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Wall Mount Server Racks Ensures the Safety of servers other IT equipments of the Organisation. NETRACK is an ace for producing wall mount equipments in India

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it is more better if you just put all your wires in an organize place. So that you could also avoid short circuit. Anyway, I also love feeling inside the server room..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice idea! I think this one can help get rid of irritative feeling of looking on wires! Don't you know if Rittal producers something similar? In our office we use a lot of their equipment, like climate-control enclosure http://hardware.be/kast-stroomverdeling/rittal/7859225.html but I have never heard about mounted rack enclosure, don't you know is it possible to find something. I'm asking cause I have good discount on its products so it will be nice to use it!

    ReplyDelete